TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Alternate power source for cleaner install
People Seeking Info

Subject Alternate power source for cleaner install

Posted by Jehannum on August 28, 2006 at 9:04 AM
  This message has been viewed 855 times.

In Reply To How-To: Injector Switched Power Line Using Fuse Box Tap posted by jzack on July 30, 2006 at 12:02 AM

Message I know many of us have removed PRVR, AIV, and/or EGR. All of those solenoids are supplied +12V from the 10A "Eng Cont" fuse (right next to the AC fuse, also ignition switched). You could reasonably tap the positive lead from any of those solenoids (outside the fuse box), run the inline fuse, and replace the +12V injector supply without having to muss around inside or underneath the fuse/relay box.

If the fuse blows, of course, you're screwed, but you would have been anyway, because that same fuse controls your wastegate solenoids, your O2 sensors, your VTC solenoids, your AAC valve, and your FICD valve, in addition to the PRVR, AIV, and EGR solenoids.

It would probably be reasonable to test the whole setup by turning the car on (obviously), along with the A/C. In my experience, that 10A fuse doesn't do a whole hell of a lot of good (my ECU burned before the fuse did, lol), so anything that moves that fuse closer to the burning point is a good thing (IMO).

Your powers are useless! I'm wearing my tinfoil underwear!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.